1 Hochiminh City University of Technology (Hutech); firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Hochiminh City University of Nature Resources & Environment; email@example.com
*Correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84–966687548
The quality of coastal water and sediment environment in Bac Lieu province tend to deteriorate due to waste (solid, liquid, gas) from the mainland into the river basins before being discharged into the sea. The paper presents the results of research on water quality in river basins dumping into the sea and coastal sediments. By methods of research, survey, observation, analysis of water quality, coastal sediment and calculation of WQI index, compared with QCVN 08–MT:2015/BTNMT, QCVN 43:2017/BTNMT (column sediments of salt water, brackish water). The results of physical and chemical parameters according to the dry season and the rainy season exceed the permitted threshold; pH: 6,69–9,20; TSS: 8–1,928 mg/l (exceeding 38.5 times). BOD5: 7–325 mg/l, COD: 13.8–602.6 mg/l, Ammonium (NH4+): 0.1–28.5 mg/l. WQI Nha Mat estuary: 37–73 and Ganh Hao seaport WQI: 52–68. Thus, the water environment in the continental river basins and coastal water quality shows signs of pollution from 2016 to 2020. Sediments in the coastal area in 2018, there are 6/12 samples with high Arsenic concentration, in 2019–2020 there are 10/12 areas with Cd, Pb (0.57–0.83 mg/l). This result will serve the planning, planning, management and control of water quality, coastal sediments and river basins to the coast of Bac Lieu Province in the direction of sustainable development.
Cite this paper
Phu, H.; Han, H.T.N. Research on assessment of suface water environment and sediment in seawater shallow area in Bac Lieu Province and proposing solutions for protection. VN J. Hydrometeorol. 2021, 7, 74-84.
1. Guidelines for the formulation of integrated coastal management strategy for coastal provinces of Vietnam. Department of Environmental Protection. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2007.
2. Assessment of environmental pollution impacts in coastal areas originating from socio–economic activities in Bac Lieu province and proposing mitigation measures. Phu My Institute for Environmental Technology Promotion and Water Resources, 2019.
3. Report on environmental status of Bac Lieu province for the period 2016–2020, Center for environmental monitoring, 2020.
4. Abdullah, A.; Hutomo, M. Marintinge Protected Area–matter and Development, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1995.
5. Abrahamsson, J.B. Marine Environment and shipping, The IO Foundation, 1977.
6. Assessment of environmental pollution impacts in coastal areas originating from socio–economic activities in Bac Lieu province and proposing mitigation measures, 2020.
7. Schiffman, H.S. International law and the protection of the Marine environment. International Law And Institutions, Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), 2003.
8. Bac Lieu Statistical Office, Bac Lieu Statistical Year book. 2017, 2018, 2019.
9. Biliana, C.S.; Robert, W.K. Integrated management of coastal and marine, University of Delaware, Newark, USA, 1998.
10. Ca, V.T. Marine environment concept and issues of marine environment. Publisher of Research on Marine and Island Management, Vietnam Administration of Sea and Islands, 2009.
11. Central Science and Education Department, Ministry of Science and Technology and Environment, Towards consolidating the system of state management agencies on environmental protection in Vietnam, 2001.
12. Chanyut, S.; Edward L. W. Results of State management over mangrove community based in Southern Thailand, Bangkok. Ecol. Soc. 2008, 13, 2.
13. Charles, N.E. Toward a common framework for integrated coastal zone management, the National Oceanic Bureau (NOS), Oceanic Administration and the U.S. National Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Proceedings of the workshop, 2002
14. Decree No. 80/2014 / ND–CP dated August 6, 2014, Decree on drainage and wastewater treatment, 2014.
15. Circular No. 02/2009/TT–BTNMT dated 19/03/2009 regulating the assessment of the sources to rest wastewater. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2017.
16. Decision No. 341/QD–BTNMT dated 23/03/2012 promulgating the list of rivers within the province, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2012.
17. National overall environmental status report in 2006–2010. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2010.
18. QCVN 08–MT:2015/BTNMT, National technical regulation on surface water quality. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2015.
19. QCVN11–MT:2015/BTNMT, National technical regulation on industrial wastewater from seafood processing industry. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2015.
20. Decision 1327/2002 / QD–BYT dated 18/04/2002 promulgating industry standard regional polyclinics design standards. Ministry of Health, 2002.
21. Phu, H. Method of calculation & application of WQI index to assess the status water quality and proposal of management Luy river Binh thuan province. VN J. Hydrometeorol. 2019, 02, 9–15.
22. Huynh, P. Irrigation construction solution for rising Litopenaeus Vannamei in Mekong delta. The international conference on science, technology and society studies (STS), HUTECH 2020, 92–97. ISBN 978-604-67-1574-0.
23. Phu, H. Solution for water circulation in raising Litopenaeus vannamei (Whiteleg shrimp) in Bac Lieu province. The international conference on science, technology and society studies (STS), HUTECH 2020, 97–103. ISBN 978-604-67-1574-0.
24. Triet, L.M. Building a number of scientific bases for the unified and integrated management of water environment in Dong Nai river basin. Institute of Environment and Natural Resources, 2005.