Hochiminh City University of Technology (HUTECH); No. 475 Dien Bien Phu, 25 Ward, Binh Thanh District, Hochiminh city, Vietnam
The objective of this study is to apply the WQI index to assess the quality of Luy river surface water flows through Binh Thuan province and propose solutions to improve surface water quality in accordance with the society economic development Binh Thuan. Quality of Luy river water most of the parameters in the upstream areas reach A2 column; QCVN 08-MT: 2015/BTNMT, except BOD5 and COD exceeding 1.07 - 2.83 times, while downstream only meets the level of B1 column. WQI values have large fluctuations in space and time, WQI in monitoring positions from 53 to 91 (June, 2018). How to manage and protect water resources both in quantity and quality, to ensure the society economic development with the protection of water resources . To solve this problem it is necessary to assess the needs of water use, identifying the factors likely to impact water resources, pollution assessment based on existing standards or models Vietnam and proposed environmental protection measures to ensure appropriate quality water for society economic development - Binh Thuan province. This paper focuses on assessing water quality Luy river from 2016 to present.
Cite this paper
Huynh Phu (2019), Method of Calculation & Application of WQI Index to Assess the Status Water Quality and Proposal of Management Luy River Binh Thuan Province. Vietnam Journal of Hydrometeorology, 02, 9-15.
1. Binh Thuan Provincial Department of Natural Resources and Environment (BTPDNRE) 2010. Environmentally Important Planning Plan on Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam, 2010- 2020, Binh Thuan.
2. Decision No. 120/2009/QĐ-TTg dated October 6, 2010 on approving the Master Plan on socio-economic development of Binh Thuan province in the period to 2020.
3. Department of Natural Resources and Environment of Binh Thuan Province, 2010. Planning of Environmental Monitoring System in Binh Thuan Province in the period of 2010 - 2020.
4. Department of Natural Resources and Environment of Binh Thuan Province, 2011. Situation of implementation of water resources management and construction plan in 2011 of the Bureau of Water Resources and Meteorology.
5. Directorate for Environment, 2010. Report on Environmental Protection Planning in Dong Nai River by 2015 and orientations to 2020, Hanoi.
6. Decision No. 879/QĐ - TCMT July 1, 2011 of the General Department of Environment on promulgating a manual to calculate water quality index to assess the pollution level of surface water resources.
7. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2008. National Technical Standards on Surface Water Quality (QCVN 08: 2008/ BTNMT), Hanoi. 8. Phu Huynh, 2018. Method of caculating WQI index to assess the status of water quality La Nga River Binh thuan province.