1 Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate change; email@example.com
*Correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84–912119740
Climate change has been impacting both natural and human resources greatly. Flow in river basins is subjected to strongly affect due to its direct relevance to climatic factors. Many changes in the distribution of runoff on river basins throughout the year due to the impact of climate change (CC) have been observed. In some areas, the flood season tends to shift gradually towards the end of the year, making the flood season appear later than before, but there are also areas where the flood season occurs earlier. The paper specifically analyzes changes in the distribution of flood season in a year under the impact of climate change in some areas in the Ca River basin, central Viet Nam.
Cite this paper
Huong, H.T.L. Impact of climate change on seasonal distribution of flows in Ca basin, Central Viet Nam. VN J. Hydrometeorol. 2021, 7, 85-96.
1. Selby, D.; Kagawa, F. Climate Change and Coronavirus: A Confluence of Two Emergencies as Learning and Teaching Challenge. Policy Pract. Dev. Educ. Rev. 2020, 104–114.
2. IPCC Working Group II. Climate Change and Water. In Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union, 2008.
3. Doll, P.; Schmied, H.M. How is the impact of climate change on river flow regimes related to the impact on mean annual runoff? A global-scale analysis. Environ. Res. Lett. 2012, 7, 014037.
4. Kundzewicz, Z.W.; Mata, L.J.; Arnell, N.W.; Doll, P.; Kabat, P.; Jimenez, B.; Miller, K.A.; Oki, T.; Sen, Z.; Shiklomanov, I.A. Freshwater resources and their management Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. (Eds) Parry, M.L.; Canziani, O.F.; Palutikof, J.P.; van der Linden, P.J.; Hanson, C.E. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press), 2007, pp. 173–210.
5. Hirabayashi, Y.; Kanae, S.; Emori, S.; Oki, T.; Kimoto, M. Global rojections of changing risks of floods and droughts in a changing climate. Hydrol. Sci. J. 2008, 53, 754–773.
6. Cloke, H.L.; Wetterhall, F.; He, Y.; Freer, J.E.; Pappenberger, F. Modelling climate impact on floods with ensemble climate projections. Q. J. R. Meteorolog. Soc. 2013, 139, 282–297.
7. Gain, A.K.; Immerzeel, W.W.; Weiland, F.C.S.; Bierkens, M.F.P. Impact of climate change on the streamflow of the lower Brahmaputra: trends in high and
low flows based on discharge-weighted ensemble modelling. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 2011, 15, 1537–1545.
8. Arnell, N.W.; Reynard, N.S. The effects of climate change due to global warming on river flows in Great Britain. J. Hydrol. 1996, 183, 397–424.
9. Kaini, S.; Nepal, S.; Pradhananga, S.; Gardner, T.; Sharma, A.K. Impacts of climate change on the flow of the transboundary Koshi River, with implications for local irrigation. Int. J. Water Resour. Dev. 2020, 1–26. https://doi.org/10.1080/07900627.2020.1826292.
10. Dang, T.; Laux, P.; Kunstmann, H. Future high- and low-flow estimations for Central Vietnam: a hydro-meteorological modelling chain approach. Hydrol. Sci. J. 2017, 62, 1867-1889.
11. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. Climate change and sea–level rise scenarios for Vietnam. Vietnam Publishing House of Natural Resources, Environment, and Cartography, 2016.
12. DHI. MIKE 11: Rainfall–runoff modeling reference manual. DHI, Denmark, 2003.
13. Monteith, J.L. Evaporation and environment. Symposium of the Society for Experimental Biology, The State and Movement of Water in Living Organisms, G. E. Fogg (Ed.) New York: Academic Press. 1965, 19, 205–234.
14. Nash, J.E.; Sutcliffe, J.V. River flow forecasting through conceptual models. A Discussion on Principals. J. Hydrol. 1970, 1, 282–290.