1 Sub Institute of Hydrometeorology and Climate Change; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
The paper provides information on the assessment of the impact of the change in temperature and rainfall under the RCP4.5 scenario in the middle and end of 21st century on the transportation in Binh Thuan Province. According to the simulation results, the temperature in Binh Thuan Province increases by 1.29–1.43oC in the middle of 21st century and 1.77–1.87oC by the end of the 21st century. Rainfall increases from 8.5–14% in the middle of the 21st century and 9.5–21.6% by the end of the 21st century. This has an impact on road, rail and seaport operations. The roads are at risk of deforming, increasing service and maintenance costs.
Cite this paper
Hong, N.V.; Nguyen, N.T. The impact of Climate Change on the transportation in Binh Thuan Province. VN J. Hydrometeorol. 2021, 8, 9-15.
1. Hưng, N.Q.; Khánh, L.Đ.; Liên. N.T. Application of Variable Infiltration Capacity Model (Vic) for Calculatingdrought Iindicators for Binh Thuan Province. Tạp chí Các khoa học về trái đất và Môi trường 2018, 34(1S), 41–49.
2. Vinh, P.Q.; Hương. P.T.H. Đánh giá hạn nông nghiệp tỉnh Bình Thuận theo kịch bản Biến đổi khí hậu. Tạp chí Các khoa học về trái đất 2012, 34(4), 513–523.
3. Sơn, N.T. Đánh giá tình hình hạn hán tại tỉnh Bình Thuận giai đoạn 1984–2016. Tạp chí Khoa học Nông nghiệp Việt Nam 2018, 16(4), 339–350.
4. Tân, P.V.; Thành, N.Đ. Biến đổi Khí hậu ở Việt Nam: Một số kết quả nghiên cứu, thách thức và cơ hội trong hội nhập quốc tế. Tạp chí Các khoa học về trái đất 2013, 29(2), 42–55.
5. Huy, H.A.; Linh, P.M.; Đại, H.V. Extreme natural disasters challenges and opportunities in south central region in context of climate change. Tạp chí Khí tượng Thủy văn 2020, 712, 23–29.
6. Sub–Institute of Hydrometeorology and Climate Change. Development of climate change action plans for the Construction, Industry and Trade, Transport, Tourism and some localities in Binh Thuan province, 2019.
7. Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate Change. Guidelines for assessing climate change impacts and identifying adaptation solutions, Vietnam Publishing House of Natural Resources, Environment and Cartography, 2011.
8. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Vietnam. Circular 08/2016/TT–BTNMT providing detailed regulations on impact assessment of climate change and the national climate assessment, 2016.
9. CIEM, DOE and UN University. Impact of climate change on economic growth and development in Vietnam, Statistical Publishing House, 2012.
10. Asian Development Bank (ADB). Summary on Climate Change Impacts and Response Plan: transport sector (Road), energy sector, urban planning, 2015.
11. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Vietnam. Updated results for Scenarios of climate change and sea level rise for Viet Nam, 2016.
12. IPCC. Climate Change: The Scientific Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, 2007.
13. IPCC. The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007.
14. IPCC. Fifth Assessment Report: Climate Change 2013 – The Physical Science Basis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2013, pp. 1535.
15. IPCC. The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2013.
16. IPCC. Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation, A Special Report of Working Groups I and II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2012.