1 Department of Science and Technology, MONRE
2 Vietnam Institute of Meteorology Hydrology and Climate change
*Corresponding author: email@example.com
This study attempted to design an intelligent, portable device as hardware for dust measurement by IMHEN. The device is able to collect a specific dust level, the time and location of various measurements, and environment parameters such as temperature, relative humidity, atmosphere pressure, etc. The device’s design used the programmable Arduino Mega 2560 board as the main processing unit. The device is small, portable, battery-operated which makes it to be suitable for mobile measurement of environment parameters. Additionally, the device has been applied to monitor dust concentration at different time scale in some main routes of Hanoi city. The analysis of monitoring results showed that there were differences of dust concentrations at off-peak hours among different routes. The total dust concentration (TSP) observed that some roads such as La Thanh, Lang Ha, surounding Road No.3, Tran Duy Hung, Nguyen Chi Thanh were higher 1.5 to 2 times than the permissible limit value according to QCVN 05:2013/BTNMT
Cite this paper
Nguyen Anh Dung, Le Van Quy, Le Ngoc Cau, Le Van Linh, Pham Thi Quynh (2019), Application of Mobile Dust Monitoring System to Evaluate Dust Concentration in Several Streets of Hanoi City. Vietnam Journal of Hydrometeorology, 2-1, 22-28.
1. Adams, M.D., DeLuca, P.F., Corr, D., Kanaroglou, P.S., 2012. Mobile air monitoring: Measuring change in air quality in the city of Hamilton, 2005-2010. Social Indicators Research, 108: 351-364.
2. Airparif, 2009. Influence des amenagements de voirie sur l’exposition des cyclists a la pollution atmospherique; Study report Airparif: Paris, France.
3. Aosong Electronics Co., Ltd. Temperature and humidity moduleAM2301Product Manual, https://kropochev.com/downloads/humidity/AM 2301.pdf
4. Devarakonda, S., 2013. Real-time Air quality monitoring through mobile sensinh in metropolitan areas.
5. Dionisio, K.L., Rooney, M.S., Arku, R.E., Friedman, A.B., Allison, F.H., Vallarino, J., Agyei-Mensah, S., Spengler, J.D., Ezzati, M., 2010. Within-neighborhood patterns and sources of particle pollution: Mobile monitoring and geographic information system analysis in four communities in Accra, Ghana. Environmental Health Perspectives, 118: 607-613.
6. Dons, E., Int Panis, L., van Poppel, M., Theunis, J., Willems, H., Rudi, T., Wets, G., 2011. Impact of time-activity patterns on personal exposure to black carbon. Atmospheric Environment, 45: 3594-3602.
7. Kaur, S., Nieuwenhuijsen, M.J., Colvile, R.N., 2007. Fine particulate matter and carbon monoxide exposure concentrations in urban street transport microenvironments. Atmospheric Environment, 41: 4781-4810.
8. Isakov, V., Touma, J.S., Khlystov, A., 2007. A method for assessing air toxics concentrations in urban areas using mobile platform measurements. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 57: 1286-1295.
9. Mead, M.I., Popola, O.A.M., Stewat, G.B., Landshoff, P., Calleja, M., Hayes, M., 2012. The use of electrochemical sensors for monitoring urban air quality in low-cost, high-density networks.
10. Vogel, A., Weber, K., Fischer, C., Van Haren, G., Pohl, T., Schneider, F., Pesch, M., 2011. Innovative optical particle spectrometer to monitor spatial and temporal fine dust and ultra fine particles in low emission zones in Düsseldorf. In Proceedings of Poster Presentation at the PMx and UFP Monitoring Workshop of the Euregional PM-Lab Project at ISSeP, Liege, Belgium, 8-9 December 2011.
11. Wallace, J., Corr, D., DeLuca, P., Kanaroglou, P., McCarry, B., 2009. Mobile monitoring of air pollution in cities: The case of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Journal of Environmental Monitoring, 11: 998-1003.
12. Youngblood, T., 2015. Reading and Writing Files from an SD Card with an Arduino, https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/reading-and-writing-files-from-an-sd-card-with-anarduino/.
13. Yu, X., Zhang, W., Zhang, L., Li, V.O.K., Yuan, J., You, I., 2013. Understanding urban dynamics based on pervasive sensing: An experimental study on traffic density and air pollution, Mathematical and Computer Modelling 58: 1328-1339.
16. https://nextion.tech/ 17.https://www.quectel.com/UploadFile/Prod uct/ 18. http://wiring.org.co/learning/libraries/