1 Ho Chi Minh City University of Industry
2 Department of Science and Technology Ho Chi Minh City
*Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research on changes in irrigation needs of short-term crops in Dalat city; including the main types: corn, beans, peanuts, vegetables, flowers and sugarcane. The demand for irrigation water is determined by climate data from 1984-2015 and CROPWAT 8.0 is used as the basis for the forecast until 2035 with climate change scenarios 2016, RCP 4.5 and RCP 8.5. The study results show that, the temperature will increase by 0.4-1.2 oC by 2035. As the temperature increases, the potential evapotranspiration of ET0 increases, leading to an increase in water demand of crops during the dry season. In the rainy season, by 2035, although the temperature increases, the rainfall is relatively heavy (increasing from 0.6mm to 8.9 mm). In 2035, the total demand for irrigation water of these crops will be around 1,363.3 mm / ha, an increase of about 4% compared to 2015 (1,310.9 mm/ha).
Cite this paper
Nguyen Thi Hang, Nguyen Ky Phung (2020), Evaluation of the effects of climate change to water demand for agriculture in Da Lat city, Lam Dong province, Vietnam Journal of Hydrometeorology, 4, 23-30.
1. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment 2016. Climate change scenarios and sea level rise for Vietnam.
2. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment 2016. Climate Change Scenario for Vietnam.
3. Pham, H.H., 2017. Climate change adaptation in crop production of people in Da Lat city, Lam Dong province: Case study in ward 7. Journal of Da Lat University Science, 7 (4): 509–531.
4. Feng, Z., Liu, D., Zhang, Y., 2007. Water Requirements and Irrigation Scheduling of Spring Maize Using GIS and CropWat Model in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region. Chinese Geographical Science, 17 (1): 056-063.
5. Husam, A.N., 2011. The Integration of FAO-CropWat Model and GIS Techniques for Estimating Irrigation Water Requirement and Its Application in the Gaza Strip. Natural Resources, 2: 146-154.
6. Saravanan, K., Saravanan, R., 2014. Determination of Water Requirements of Main crops in the Tank Irrigation Command area using CROPWAT 8.0. International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies, 1 (5): 266-272.
7. WWF 2010. Impacts of Climate Change on Growth and Yield of Rice and Wheat in the Upper Ganga Basin.
Avaliable online: http://assets.wwfindia.org/downloads/impacts_of_climate_change_on_growth_and_yield_of_rice_and_wheat_in_the_upper_ganga_basin.pdf